In this contemporary world of digitalization and the era of internet minds, businesses have taken their approach on a digitalized platform. This idea has proven to be very profit-worthy for the organizations and they present themselves in the market by owning a website. Having a website makes the businesses even more approachable to the consumers. However, if we talk about business corporations at a large, there’s frivolous battle among them and rivalry through the websites is a no stranger to them. So, the main question lies, what are the factors that are held responsible for attracting viewership on a website? Here are some factors that play a role in captivating online audience-
A) Aestheticism of a website: – An aesthetic website will always a positive effect on the consumer base, since we ourselves are captivated by the stuff that is appealing to our eyes. So, having an attractive website will engage the online audience. This can include having images with context, animations etc. By your own experience, you will find that the websites you like, have a very colourful disposition with images assisting them. If an organization wants more traffic in their website, they must enhance the overall layout of the same with elements of embellishments.
- B) Content Relatability: – The recipe of elite quality content consists a relatable yet unique delivery of the content mixed with the influential power of engrossing the online consumer. The more the content is relatable, the more the audience can resonate with it. If the consumers find a familiar vibe of the content, they are most likely to share it with people which consequently, will lead to more views on that particular website. There should be sufficient content available for them and by attaching pictures to the website which is enriched with content will prove the proverb that ‘A picture is worth a thousand words.’
- C) User Friendliness: – A good and considerate business organization that wishes to garner online consumer base must make their website as user friendly as possible. People often leave the websites in between when they find the website being complex or having tedious processes. This concept of user friendliness must be practiced on all the devices ranging from a laptop to a mobile phone. It should have uniform website structure pertaining to the needs of the customers. High Bounce rate can be avoided when the clients find the website easy and accessible.
- D) Clarity in objective: – The objectivity of the website must be crystal clear for the consumers to interpret. If the website seems random or unclear in their objective, then it can lead to High bounce rate.
- E) Attractive Nomenclature: – Having a catchy nomenclature of the website acts as the honey for an ant. People tend to come to a website if they name attractive, just out of curiosity. This can be a contributing factor for engaging the consumers.
- F) Market Face of the Organization: – Sometimes having an established and successful person as the face of the organization helps in luring a lot people to your website and eventually, people will explore it. The people in here that we talk about is the fan base of the famous person which is representing the organization.
- G) Speed of the Website: – The speed of the website is an instrumental factor in holding up the consumers. If the website is too heavy or takes a whole lot of time to load its functions, this could lead to disinterest of the audience and eventually, losing them out.
- H) Range of operations: – Once a website is established, it is set in motion with a certain algorithm with a limited set of functions. If the website sticks to the same kind of operations it does and doesn’t match up with the latest trends, it can become monotonous for website users and there are chances of high bounce rate. So, the website should practice latest trends along with content dissemination. Amazon is very good example of this. They were initially an online shopping store and now they have other functions catering to all the customer requests like Amazon pay and hence, this captures a lot of audience because they are getting a variety of functions at the same place.
- I) Framework of the URL: – The URL structuring should be as accessible as possible. A URL having complex symbols, characters and letter combinations doesn’t do a good job in propagating the website. The search engine ranking is affected by this. However, a URL which is clear and concise can help the website move towards the spotlight.
- J) Feedback Options: – Last, but not the least, there is always a room for improvement and the website can flourish with online traffic, if they know their areas of enhancement. By a free opinion of feedback, the website can have a greater command of viewership since the website is upgraded with the customer’s point of view.
Finally, we’ve gotten an idea that a plethora of factors hold the power of engrossing the online audience and how vital it is for the businesses to look out for these factors.